The founders of Optessa came together from diverse backgrounds but with a singular idea. The idea was to comprehensively model planning, scheduling and sequencing problems and then to generate effective and high quality solutions for these models.
The diverse backgrounds in the Optessa team include supply chain management, plant management, algorithms, software architecture and telecommunications research. The data model and algorithms designed by the team were quickly validated by some of the most famous name brand, global manufacturing companies. These companies evaluated Optessa technology against both in-house developed legacy systems and solutions offered by other vendors in the planning and scheduling space. We can claim, with a restrained sense of pride, that Optessa technology has invariably performed well in these evaluations.
The idea was based on the observation that in most cases legacy solutions that are in use prove inadequate due to:
- An incomplete model – some important factors are not considered
- Solutions are inconsistent and lack even quality – some are good for some portions but are of poor quality on other occasions ; and the degradation can be unreliable
The inevitable outcome is that these partial solutions are pulled into a spreadsheet that is manually manipulated to address the gaps. This takes time, which in turn makes the process unresponsive and inflexible.
The Optessa vision is quite simply to address this gap. Starting with the auto industry, but now working with other industries, we have implemented complete and effective solutions.
In addition, through a continuous process of R&D including concurrent processing, Optessa technology is capable of rapidly generating solutions to the largest and most complex planning and scheduling problems.
Optessa technology offers the combination of:
- Comprehensive model,
- Even solution quality, and
- Very fast execution
This enables complete and fast replanning and rescheduling, thus delivering the key business benefits of improved throughput, stability and flexibility to our customers.
The Optessa model is complete accounting for:
- Demand, demand attributes, related preferences and constraints
- Master data, such as products, routings and bills of material
- Supply chain and logistics related constraints and rules
- Production constraints, also called material, plant and labor constraints and rules
- We simplify planning and scheduling
- We believe customers should pay for results and not for effort