Discrete Manufacturing: Power, Farm & Industrial Equipment, Consumer Electronics
Optessa MLS and Optessa MLP will deliver significant benefits to discrete manufacturers in industries such as:
- Power Equipment: Lawn mowers / Generators / Pumps / Compressors
- Work Tools
- Fork lifts / Utility Vehicles
- Computers / Mobile Phones / Electronic Products
Scheduling with Optessa MLS at main assembly level
- “Virtual line” setup balances requirements across multiple lines while optimizing both capacity and line capability.
- Ability to set process times based on product and line for flex or line specific models.
- Ability to adjust requirement due dates based on shipping lead time for multiple destinations which allows parts to be scheduled in order to minimize inventories.
- Ability to minimize and smooth overtime usage across multiple lines based on optimal conditions and/or user specified shift preferences.
- Capability to manage multiple constraint types that consider –
- Inventory targets
- Due dates
- Changeover times
- Production smoothing
- Over time smoothing
- Ramp up / down plans
- Customized scheduling process: for example, daily / weekly / monthly.
Scheduling with Optessa MLS at sub-assembly / parts level
- Derive requirements from multiple sources including main / feeder line / service parts requirements.
- Consider exceptional requirements such as special builds, service parts, and any other demand sources.
- Manage multiple constraint types such as inventory targets, ramp up / down requirements, order due dates and build order preferences.
- Manage fluctuating demand of main / feeder lines across available capacity by using inventory targets to maintain a smooth schedule.
- Consider planned down time due to part change over / line setup, line efficiencies, scrap rates and part cycle times.
Benefits from using Optessa MLS for scheduling
- Throughput and capacity utilization improvement
- Tight synchronization of schedule with requirements
- Schedule multiple lines simultaneously based on a “Virtual Line” set up
- Optimal schedule based on actual operating conditions and constraints
- Reduce operating costs
- Overtime smoothing.
- Better inventory management while maintaining delivery conformance
- Improved accuracy and reduced scheduling process times
- Reduce finished product inventories in the system: plants and dealers
Optessa MLP will provide effective and optimal solutions to planning multi-plant, multi-line operations. The system considers:
- Forecast and actual orders
- OEM requirements and allocations
- Regional / dealer requirements and allocations
- Demand prioritization
- Production capacities
- Material, plant and labor constraints
- Supplier constraints for critical parts